A water leak can quickly turn into a more serious issue if left untreated or undetected. Leaky pipes or supply lines in your Maryland home or commercial building can lead to permanent structural damage, ugly stains in the drywall, and can also cause mold to spread.
The most common types of leaks are found in:
- Water supply lines: Leaks in water lines are often difficult to detect because they are buried below the ground surface.
- Interior Pipes: Pipes that run your water inside your home from place to place can fail over time and develop pinhole leaks. Moreover, freezing temperatures can make water expand and burst pipes in the winter.
- Faucets: Leaky faucets are common, and should be repaired to prevent water waste in the home.
- Toilets: Toilet leaks are silent and out of view, so they often go unnoticed. A toilet that runs can also run up your water bill.
If you’ve discovered a water leak and live in Howard County, MD, Towson, or surrounding areas, contact Heil Plumbing for repairs. We also offer emergency services, so we’re available when you need us the most.
Call us at 410-921-0339 to schedule water leak repair service today!
How to Detect a Water Leak
If your water bill seems higher than average, you may have a leak somewhere. The following steps will help you detect and locate a water leak in your home:
- Make sure nobody is using water.
- Find your water meter and check the leak indicator, a small triangular-shaped dial or silver wheel. If the indicator is moving, there is a good chance you have a leak.
- After determining that you have a leak, you should locate your home’s shut-off valve and shut off the water.
- Check the leak indicator one more time. If it stopped moving, the leak is somewhere inside of your home. If the indictor is still moving, the leak is outside somewhere between the house and the street where your line connects to the county water line.
If you are having trouble locating a leak, contact a plumber for a professional inspection. Water leak repair can help you to save money in the long run and prevent any more serious damages to your Maryland home or business.
Schedule Water Leak Repairs in Towson or Howard County, MD
At Heil Plumbing, we have the experience and expertise to locate and repair any leak in your Maryland home or commercial building. Water leaks can lead to serious damage, and should be taken care of right away.
Contact us today to schedule water leak repair services in or around Howard County, Maryland!