Having a functioning water heater is essential to perform a number of everyday tasks. When yours isn’t working properly, it can cause major inconveniences or even flood your basement. Keep in mind that a typical water heater has a life span of around 10 -12 years. Our team of highly trained plumbers at Heil Plumbing is able to diagnose and properly repair any problem you may be having with your unit.
If you’re in need of hot water heater repair in Columbia, Ellicott City, or anywhere else in the Howard County area, give us a call and we’ll take care of it!
To schedule water heater repair, give us a call at (410) 921-0339 or contact us online today!
Does My Water Heater Need Repair?
There are a number of reasons why your water heater may need to be repaired. Some common signs that indicate a need for repair are:
- Puddles of water – As soon as you notice pools of water forming at the base of your water heater, you should immediately turn the tank off, disconnect the power, and give us a call. This could be caused by a failing tank.
- A lack or surge of hot water – When you start consistently noticing a dramatic difference in the temperature of the water you should do some investigating. If you have a large family, your tank may just run low on hot water when all of you shower one right after another. You may want to have a larger tank installed. If you notice this problem constantly, no matter what time of day it is, your tank’s heating elements or thermostat may need to be replaced.
- Rust or Water Stains- When your water heater starts to age, you may notice rust spots or water stains caused by small leaks in the seams and connection points.
- White Sediment in the Water- If you notice small white flakes in your hot water, your water heater’s tank walls could be deteriorating. The debris from a failing water heater may clog the aerator in your faucet and lower the water pressure.
If you start to experience anything listed above, or anything else unusual with your hot water heater, give our team of plumbers a call as soon as possible. We’re trained and fully equipped to diagnose and solve any problem you’re experiencing.
Water Heaters We Service
We provide services to a number of different kinds of water heaters. Listed are the most common that we service:
- Standard water heaters– Tank water heaters have been the industry standard for decades in the U.S. and most of the time are still a homeowner’s best choice. They keep a tank of water heated and dispense the hot water to showers, sinks, etc. when necessary.
- Gas water heaters– Gas water heaters burn natural gas, propane, or oil. Where natural gas is readily available, it is usually the cheapest and easiest solution.
- Electric water heaters– Electric heaters use your home’s electricity to heat water in much the same way that a traditional tungsten bulb becomes hot as the filament shines.
- Tankless water heaters– Tankless water heaters are also called demand heaters because rather than filling a tank, they heat water whenever a faucet demands it. They usually are much smaller than their tank counterparts and they tend to produce hot water at a slower rate.
- Gas tankless water heaters– Gas fueled tankless heaters generally require more fuel while they are heating water than their tank counterparts. To heat the water quickly enough to meet demand, the gas meter may need to be upgraded. Ask our plumbers what installation requirements are necessary.
- Electric tankless water heaters–Electric tankless water heaters rather are generally smaller than tank water heaters. You may need to upgrade your electric panel to accommodate the needs of a tankless.
Schedule Water Heater Repair in Howard County with Heil Plumbing
If you’re in need of water heater repair in Columbia, MD or a surrounding area, our team can help! We are family owned and operated and are truly dedicated to delivering reliable water heater services to the community. For all of your plumbing needs, choose Heil.
For more information on scheduling water heater repair in Columbia, Ellicott City, or a surrounding area, give us a call at (410) 921-0339 or contact us online today!